Home > Join Us
We are seeking graduates and experienced teachers from all academic majors who can inspire others, have lots of energy, demonstrated perseverance, leadership and a commitment to helping children learn.
Through working with over 300 schools, we have developed a set of selection criteria to be predictive of great teachers:
- Ambitious for the kids
- The ability to inspire and motivate others
- Perseverance in the face of challenges
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good planning, meeting deadlines and working effectively
- Respect for students and fellow teachers
We will provide intensive teacher and leadership development with regular support and review throughout the school year from experienced mentors and coaches.
This model of teacher preparation, support, and development builds the framework for our school.
- Student-Centric Learning means teachers must have clear goals for student learning and trust students are eager to perform
- Core Knowledge. Teachers must build foundational knowledge about instructional planning and delivery, classroom management, culture and pedagogy.
- Support Tools from interactive resources to assessment tools are available, and teachers will go through training to leverage these teaching and support tools.
- Role Models will pair with new teachers to guide and support them.
Hokmah International School offers a warm welcome and continuous support to those with shared purpose and values.
We believe that like our students, when teachers feel comfortable with and connected to each other, they are able to take and encourage risks, admit mistakes, experiment and learn from each other.
Join us at joinus@HokmahSchool.org